Brettenham Gardening Club
The Club is very friendly, everyone is welcome, and you certainly don’t have to be an experienced gardener. We have very few formal meetings but we do lots of other things instead! Here’s some of what we have planned for 2014:
We have an informal monthly get-together in the Potting Shed (aka the Sunday Village Inn) for those who can make it. Depending on the season, this can be a good opportunity to swap seeds, plants and advice. '
- The club is an affiliated member of the National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardens (NSALG for short) which provides many benefits especially good quality seeds at much reduced prices.
- Club Open Gardens – social event. Dates to be confirmed.
- With the help of the Centre Academy School we will be maintaining the flower beds on the green in front of the church.
- Producing flower displays in the Church and village planting to mark the Centenary of WWI (photo to the left showing one of the first red geraniums to start flowering ready for the display).
- Organising a community Apple Press Day on Sunday 28th September.
- Planting daffodils throughout the village this autumn.
The cost of membership is excellent value at just £5 a year per person! We have 25 members but we always welcome more so if you are interested, please see the contact details below:
President: Carrie Dye Tel: 01449 736305 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Lyn Rufus. Tel: 01449 258055. Email: email@example.com
Thorpe Morieux Gardening Club
Thorpe Morieux also has an active gardening club, their meetings are held most months at Thorpe Morieux Village Hall on third Monday of the month, commencing 7.30 p.m. or there are outside visits to places of interest. Programme includes a coffee morning and plant sale in May, an Annual Show in August and a Christmas meal in December. Contact Secretary Thelma Crane 01449 736222.