This year's Brettenham Summer Fair will take place at the Village Hall on Sunday 22nd July 12-4pm. It is hosted by the BVA and organised with the help of the Church, Gardening Club and other village organisations. Activities will include:
- Traditional Church Fete games and stalls
- Photographic competition (details below)
- Floral Hat competition (details below)
- Judging of Potato in a Bucket Competition
- A Therapy tent with taster sessions in yoga and pilates
- Village Art and Craft display
- Bar and refreshments
- Grand Draw with £100 first prize
If you have any donations suitable for a bric-a-brac stall or if you would like to volunteer, contact Annie Tavener on 736 412 or annie-tav@Hotmail.com.
Photographic Competition Rules
A new approach is being adopted this year by not focusing exclusively on a garden theme; instead we are opening up the competition to include any photograph taken within the parish boundary.
Below are the rules for this year’s competition.
- There is a single category this year - “My Brettenham” – so photographs can be of your house and/or garden, from a village event, a favourite view, friends or family enjoying themselves, wildlife spotted in the village – let your imagination run wild!
- There will not be separate classes for adults and children
- All photographs must be taken within the parish boundary and be the original work of the photographer
- Entrants can submit up to 2 photographs – there is no entry fee
- Photographs must not exceed 12” (30cm) wide and 12” (30cm) high (excluding mount) – all photos must be mounted on card
- Photographs must be submitted in hard copy form to Peter Knight by Friday 13th July at 29 The Street, Brettenham, Ipswich, IP7 7QP
- Photographs must be accompanied by details of the name, address, telephone number and email address of the owner
- Photographs will be publicly displayed at the Summer Fair and voting will take place during the event – all attendees will be eligible to vote
- The winner will be announced on the day and a prize awarded and the winning photograph will be published in the Parish Magazine and on the village website
- We cannot take responsibility for any damage that may occur to the photographs whilst on display and we cannot take responsibility for returning them but you are welcome to arrange collection during the week following the Produce & Craft Show
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 07752 222 866
Floral Hat Competition Rules
Everyone can enter. There are two classes for this competition
- Children’s Class up to and including 12 years of age
- Adult’s Class 13 years and over
The competition rules are the same for both classes with the exception of the judging: The children’s entries will be judged, but will be on display at the Fair, and each child will receive a small gift for taking part. The adult entries will be judged by public vote and there is a first prized to be won.
The rest of the rules are as follows:
- Everyone can enter
- Interpret the subject any way you like and use any medium or materials you wish
- There is no restriction on size
- Entries to be made on Sunday 22nd July 10am – 11am
- Entry is free
- Children’s entries will not be judged but will be displayed and every child to receive a small prize for taking part
- Adult entries will be judged by public vote with result announced on the day
- First prize to be won
For further information contact Jane McDonald tel: 01449 736957 email: email@example.com